Wow, lovely slowgirlfastdog nominated Skinny and human for a Liebster Award. How kind, slowgirl. We are very touched at your kindness. Like many others before them, human took a sneaky peak on Google to find out more about what a Liebster means. There are lots of links about what a Leibster means, mostly saying the origins of what a Liebster means are Lost in the Mists of Time. But anyway, what a nice pay-it-forward idea. Thanks and thanks again, lovely Wendy.
Here are the rules. Or the most recent ones, anyway:
1. I must list 11 things about myself.
2. I must answer the 11 questions asked of me by my nominator.
3. I must nominate 11 other bloggers who have less than 200 followers and link them in my post.
4. I must list 11 questions for my nominees to ponder and answer.
5. I must go to my nominees’ page and tell them they were nominated.
Eleven things about human and Skinny:
1. Human likes knitting. Yes. Not exactly rock ‘n’roll. Skinny likes knitting too, especially the unravelling of yarn and taking it for a walk.
2. Human likes rock ‘n’roll, well, any music really, except maybe thrash metal. Skinny is so-so about music, but does not much appreciate human singing along, especially when the song on the ipod is Anarchy in the UK or anything else from human’s long, long past.
3. Human likes dancing in the kitchen to loud music when there’s no-one other than SLW to witness it. Skinny often retreats to his den at this point.
4. Human likes taking photographs, and has been surprised to find how hard it is to photograph dogs. Skinny does not say cheese to order, he is much harder to please, though an actual piece of cheese might do the trick.
5. Human loves Christmas, so bring on the carols round the tree, the mince pies and all things ho ho ho. Skinny has yet to have his first Christmas…he’s VERY excited (or he would be if he knew he’s getting a stocking.)
6. Human and Skinny like an HBO boxed set. So far human has watched The Sopranos, The Wire, The Sopranos, (again), Six Feet Under, Big Love, and nearly all of The West Wing. Skinny has still to catch up, being a lot younger than human, so has only snoozed his way through the presidency tribulations of Jed Bartlett so far, which, to be fair, has taken quite a long time.
7. Human is a big fan of Yotam Ottolenghi and Sam and Sam Moro, being quite a greedy person who loves a bit of mediterranean cum Arabic nosh, and these are the most favourite restaurants ever. Even though they happen to be in London, darn it. Human also has a soft spot for Leon fastfood. Ditto on the London front. Hooray for cookbooks. Skinny, being a whippet, has more straightforward carnivorous tastes and is a big fan of chicken legs and pig heart. (Human and Skinny don’t share dinner. Ever.)
8. Human has a guitar, mandolin and ukelele, and is good at playing none of them. Sigh. Becoming proficient is on human’s to-do-before-you-die list. Skinny has not yet shown any sign of musical talent, but human’s thinking it’s early days. He maybe just hasn’t found his instrument yet.
9. Human secretly dreams of driving round Europe in a campervan accompanied by Skinny and the fellow human. In this dream there are beaches, sunshine, food al fresco, art, culture and pleasant whippety walks. It should be pointed out that human doesn’t have a campervan, Skinny hates vehicular transport, and both humans are not so hot on the whole camping lark.
10. One day human is going to be a potter, rather than
wasting spending time just pottering about and thinking about being a potter. Either that, or they will be something else really arty and cool. In this scenario, Skinny is going to lie peacefully in the studio in an aesthetically pleasing pose, whilst wonderful creations fly off the wheel (not literally, hopefully).
11. Human and Skinny both like shoes, although human prefers to wear them, rather than run round the house with them dangling from their jaws.
Phew. That was tough.
Now for my nominees questions:
1.What was your favorite comic strip as a child?
The Four Marys in Bunty. Or was it Judy? Geeksville, whatever.
2. Do you own any pets? If so, what kind?
Just Skinny. Though Skinny owns human really.
Why do you blog?
3.To have a reason to write a little every few days in preparation for the Great Novel that is going to win the Booker Prize. Or make loads of money. (Think I’d opt for the cash rather than the glory.)
4. If you could only own one book, what would it be?
My favourite book is always the last one I read, so Inspector Bucket and the Beast by my good pal Peter Cooper. Check it out on Amazon.
5. Do you color inside the lines or outside?
INSIDE, are you mad?
6. What word would your mother use to describe you?
Poorly. (She was a tad overprotective)
7. What word would your best friend use to describe you?
8. What is your biggest pet peeve?
The misplaced apostrophe.
9. Have you ever been in a bar brawl?
Not since yesterday.
10. Do you believe in ghosts?
I’d be too scared to sleep at night if I did.
11. What have you done to prepare for a zombie invasion?
Knitted Skinny and the humans some Zombie Looky-Likey costumes.
Next. Here are eleven other bloggers human and Skinny nominate for a Liebster. Some blogs are funny, some are serious, some have whippets, food, hens or yarn, some make no mention of these at all. Can you see a theme? No, me neither.
1. Peter Coopers Telling Tales
2. The Whippet Post
3. Meg the Whippet
4. Dear Flash
5. Adventures in Chickenland
6. Scout Rules the World
8. Effie the Whippet
11. Crafty Yuppie
Next, eleven questions. (Eleven is quite a large number when there’s a need to think of clever and insightful stuff. As you will see, human gave up very quickly.)
1. What’s the strangest thing you’ve ever eaten for breakfast?
2. Your favourite film?
2. Your superhero costume of choice?
3. Your earliest memory?
4. What five words sums up your blog?
5. Where on earth would you like to be this minute?
6. When did you last read something that made you cry?
7. What’s your idea of the perfect day?
8. What did you with all the time you had before the internet existed?
9. What has been your most embarrassing clothing error?
10.What question do you wish I’d asked…
11. And what’s the answer?
Yay, that’s all folks. Happy spreading the love!